Monday, November 9, 2009

My Mother's Recipe Box

I remember the days when cookbooks were not so readily available, and you or your mother on the basis of only one or two different cookbooks for cooking all meals for your family? I still have old cookbooks from my mother, my grandmother. Everyone is the age and use - if you turn the pages torn, it is clear that the recipes are returned again and again. These cookbooks are always among my most precious treasures. When our mothers wanted to try new recipes, most likely did not show up to buy new cookbooks. But often no more money to spend, and often there were not many to choose from. So when they got the new recipes? Each other. When I was a kid I remember my mother exchanging recipe cards with friends and family and home and was taken in your recipe box. I always loved going through her recipes (although often got angry at me to get them all out of order!) Every year when I was learning to cook I went through Cookbook time and again, pulling me and the preparation of favorite recipes and again. Seeing that the prescriptions were made by all the more special. I also like to look back at all the recipe cards I prepared while I was in 4-H and spent much of my time learning to cook. I still prepare many of the recipes used then. To this day, all you have to do is open my box of recipe cards, and are immediately transported in time. My mother has not exchanged recipe cards with anyone in more than 20 years. I have very few of my own (though I hope to inherit his one day!), But until now no better place to find favorite family recipes to the recipe box of my mother. Twenty years from now, waiting to go through my box of recipes with my daughter, telling stories about where all my recipes from different origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment