Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Easter Baking And Cooking Tips (Plus A Bonus Easter Recipe)

If you're hosting Easter this year, I'd like to share with you some tips that helped me keep my sanity, when you have hosted this event. 1. Cook and bake as many dishes as possible in advance. I have a recipe for a batch of Easter that I share with you then that is simple and can be up to one week in advance. I recommend their baked desserts the day before Easter. It really helps reduce stress on the day of Passover. 2. Organize your kitchen oven / kitchen last night. I know this may sound crazy, but I found that helps me when I'm making a holiday meal. I put all the ingredients for each Easter recipe that do not need to be refrigerated. I put the recipe and put all the ingredients that go into the recipe with him, along with pots and spoons, measuring cups or need. I also try to organize them from longest to shortest cooking, so I know it starts with the first. 3. Select recipes for Passover that you want a week in advance. This helps me make a shopping list of all the ingredients I need. That way I can get to the grocery store and get everything I need well in advance of the day. 4. The use or borrow equipment to help make the job easier. I still remember the first Easter I received in my house. I must have spent at least half an hour to cut the potatoes. If I had taken only a food processor with a cutting machine of a friend would not have done that day, much easier. If you do not have the right machine for the job or not you can borrow, find a different recipe. 5. Get helpers! Friends and family who have come to their celebration of Easter usually are more than happy to help with any last minute little things. My husband has become the official food mill for all the holidays we meet at our house! The last 30 minutes before the meal is ready, it can sometimes be a little crazy. It's good help. Easter Bonus Recipe: Chocolate Easter nests were a favorite recipe for Easter cooking mine for as long as I can remember. I loved helping her mother put jelly beans for eggs in these "." 1 box of cereal, shredded wheat (10-12 cookies) 1.12-ounce package chocolate 3 / 4 cup peanut butter Crush the biscuits so they are pretty good. Melt the chocolate in the bowl in the microwave until soft. Add the peanut butter into melted chocolate. Mix, put in large bowl and add the shredded wheat. Put the mixture with a spoon on a piece of wax paper. Each form of a nest. Chill until firmly set. Store in refrigerator. When you're ready to go out, put some jelly beans' in each nest. This is a nice, tasty Easter treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment