Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms

Yes! I did it! I like the feeling of confidence that I learn something new. Until yesterday I was sure of two edible mushrooms. Today, I am sure four. My two new specialty is Gem-studded globe and the pear-shaped balloon. I have a fifth in the study. Before I share this recipe, it's time for my resignation: Always test edibility. When the harvest of mushrooms, I put each kind in a separate paper bag. When I get home, take them out of the paper bag and start my study of vision. The fungus, in the same right to study the fungus is now the deer. I found one on a walk with "Wildman" Steve Brill last month. I found two times, but not eating. I just consider how, as the gills and the stem is attached. "Wild" has made replicas of Sculpey - which is a great way to improve the skills of observation. And 'fun. I am very cautious to consult the guidelines for the identification of other fungi, but "Wild" is the best paintings and sculptures are accurate. Now I'm making a spore print and when I do the sample of this fungus, which is a piece the size of a pea. RECIPE: Saut ้ and Gem-studded (Lycoperdon perlatum) or pyriform (Lycoperdon pyriformis) Mushrooms: 1. Remove the mushrooms from the paper bag, seat and dirt with a cloth or paper towel 2. Do not wash or immerse in water. No salt. What makes the mushrooms lasts 3. Cut the mushrooms larger than a bite-size 4. Sprinkle with olive oil and half a teaspoon of lemon juice or lime 5. September skillet over low heat, then add the mushrooms coated balloon 6. Bake until tender puffballs are fragrant when picked up and they do have a different taste, but is delicate. I enjoyed a simple dish. Writer and naturalist JJ Murphy has been eating wild foods since her farmer parents pulled weeds from the garden and ate vegetarian weeds. JJ continues to forage and write in Harriman, New York, send recipes and information on resources http://www.WriterByNature.com

No comments:

Post a Comment